Pages

Feb 18, 2013

Celebrating Oktoberfest at Sucre

"you going saturday?"
"what?"
"oktoberfest! at fluven, starting at 8pm all you can drink beer for 49bolivians"
"for how long?"
"till 2am"
"affirmative"

Everyone kept talking about the oktoberfest throughout the week. the german spirit here surprised me, apparently the hostel owner is german, fluven is german, and the owner of my spanish school is also german, plus he got another cafe/school complex. fyi, 49 bolivianos is about 7 canadian.

Fluven's 2nd floor was were the event is, its a courtyard surrounded by wooden tables and chairs and attached to another small bar room. Will, Simon, Sebastian, Sean, Lota, Elana, Nathan, Simon, Red, Youri and everyone I knew and kind of knew were there. In this small town, everyone is a friend's friend. The night blasted away. We refilled our plastic cups again and again and again and again. The bar got so jammed and the staff so busy, they ran out of beer in light year speed. I guess they didn't expect the drinkability of travellers and the meaning of oktoberfest, because the plastic cups were not the oktober size.

half way through the beer marathon

I went to the washroom and surprisingly discovered a group of boys were chit chatting on the sofa. They gave me a secretive smile which I didn't understand until one of my friend came up to use the washroom as well...

"the boys said hi to me, then I said hi back."
"uh huh..."
"one of them reach his hand out which I thought was a friendly hand shake..."
"yeah?"
"but his hands grabbed lower..."
gasp.

"you got gay charm."

No comments:

Post a Comment