Pages

Feb 25, 2013

Leaving Sucre, on a panic

The morning to hop on uyuni bound bus. I was suppose to wake up at 5:40am to catch bus at 7:00am at the bus station way out of town centre. I woke up at 6:26am freaking out since I was suppose to head out by 6:00am to the plaza where there would be taxis in early hours and arrive at the station by 6:30. I woke Will to help me. I chuck him 380 bolivianos (for 12 nights at the hostel) to give to the owner Mike and top it up if it's short. He carried my 13kg backpack with me outside on his barefoot for two blocks before we found a taxi already with another passenger. The taxi driver took me anyway (as it was the same direction) and got me to the station at 6:45. "Rapido, por favor! muy rapido!" I beg the taxi driver to fly over all the cars, buses, pedestrians and the traffic lights. I ran in the station with 13kg on my back, found the bus company office which they told me to hurry to the departure tax office then go to the gate. They were loading up luggages by the time I got to the bus at 6:50, almost everyone was in the bus already. I freakin' made it. What an intense 24 minutes...

goodbye pretty sucre

good bye pretty white cathedrals

good bye beautiful culture

and good bye my lovely haggle heaven public market

No comments:

Post a Comment