Pages

Jan 18, 2013

The Frenchie siblings

Gloria and David were staying at Cuscos Pariwana hostel. We met at the hostel's bar the night before heading out to Puno. Sitting at the same table by each other, we asked each other's name and such, the usual.

David, using his limited English, "I'm travelling with my sister. She is travelling the world, I am visiting her."

David is French, a real Parisian, studying phd in aerodynamic engineering. Shy and constantly commenting on the coldness. Ditching his first teaching class, he takes a small break to meet his elder sister up at Peru to travel together for couple weeks.

Gloria, a project manager in London, decided to quit her job to travel the world. One side of her hair is shaved and the other kept to the a bit longer. Skinny, energetic, outgoing and opinionated. Eventually the leader of the four person formation.

They were also travelling on the same bus to Puno the next day, so I introduced Allen to them. Our seats on the bus were in front of theirs.

"Where did you find that???"

Biting on a big piece of dry mango I replied, "Uh.. San Pedro market."

"My brother LOVES them. He keeps looking for them but just couldn't find it."

David looked like he needed them so I passed the bag, "Here, have some."

With his French accent, "No, no, I can't take your food."

Annoyed, "Let's swap, hand over your chocolate."

And so the deal was completed.

They decided to ditch their hotel reservation to come along with us to our Puno hostel. We hung out together till they head back to Cusco, Allen to Arequipa, and me to La Paz.

Photo provided by Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment