Pages

Sep 13, 2012

South America Prep Part 8: Clothing Strategy

This is probably the most difficulty I have for packing for a trip. Most of the time the visiting area is not so vast that it would range from -10 Celsius to 25 celsius. Cusco and la Paz are both high altitude so it's cold at night while Santiago and Buenos Aires are mild temperatures throughout their spring season.

To prepare for this crazy variance, I had to strategy pack for layers. I packed 3 pairs of pants for spring and a pair of jeans for the colder areas plus a black tight just in case it gets really cold then I can double it up with the pants. For tops I have 3 tank tops, 3 tshirts, 3 long sleeve shirts, 1 merino long sleeve, 1 fleece hoodie, 1 wind breaker jacket. Then there's the usual intimate and socks. Then I packed a big scarf and a warm blanket just in case it gets cold at night.

For now I don't know how it'll work out, I wish I packed an extra warm pair of socks, merino tights and another warm long sleeve for the colds in highland but who know, maybe the Canada cold training will come in handy.

The layering strategy is usual good. I like to wear a long tank top to keep myself warm then layer clothing on top depending on the weather. Layering allows you to peel off like bananas when it's hot and put them on when it's cold. In any case, you can always buy a couple pieces of clothing if you needed more.

No comments:

Post a Comment